Sfida ospitata da Rose city reader.
The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it's supposed to be a tour.
WHAT COUNTS AS "EUROPE"?: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.
LEVELS OF PARTICIPATION
* FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
* FOUR STAR (HONEYMOONER): Read four qualifying books.
* THREE STAR (BUSINESS TRAVELER): Read three qualifying books.
* TWO STAR (ADVENTURER): Read two qualifying books.
* ONE STAR (PENSIONE WEEKENDER): Read just one qualifying book.
Read all books between January 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019. I like having 13 months so there is extra time to finish after the holidays.
- Poland --> Il tatuatore di Auschwitz (Heather Morris)
- United Kingdom --> A spasso con Bob (James Bowen)
- Italy --> Vetro (Giuseppe Furno)
- Sweden --> L'uomo che metteva in ordine il mondo (Fredrik Backman)
- Russia --> Cuore di cane (Bulgakov)
- Iceland --> Il rosso vivo del rabarbaro (Audur Ava Oalfsdottir)