Sfida ospitata da Socrate's book review. Quest'anno ci sono due modalità di partecipazione: una, leggendo 10 cozy mistery a proprio piacimento; l'altra, leggendo un libro per ognuna delle categorie indicate. (10 libri è il primo livello; il secondo livello contempla 20 libri, il terzo 30, ecc.)
This year's cozy mystery reading challenge has two ways to participate and you can choose whichever suits you the best:
A) Read only cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book from these sub-genres:
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda
Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
One is your choice! (freebie!)
The challenge runs from January 1, 2018 and ends December 31, 2018.
You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
- Historical mystery --> Cave canem (Danila Comastri Montanari)
- Outside US --> Jane e la disgrazia di Lady Scargrave (Stephanie Barron
- Free choice--> Precious Ramotswe, detective (Alexander McCall Smith)