Sfida ospitata da Socrate's book reviews.
This year's cozy mystery reading challenge has two ways to participate and you can choose whichever suits you the best:
A) Read only cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book from these sub-genres:
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies: knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 and ends December 31, 2020.
You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
- Assassinio à la carte (Brigitte Glaser) - culinary
- Parce sepulto (Danila Comastri Montanari) - historical
- Il gatto che leggeva Shakespeare (Lilian Jackson Braun) - animal
- Jane e lo spirito del male (Stephanie Barron) - outside US
- Uno studio in rosso (Arthur Conan Doyle) - freebie
- Agatha Raisin e i camminatori di Dembley (M. C. Beaton) - travel (?)
- Il gatto che annusava la colla (Lilian Jackson Braun)
- Aria di neve (Serena Venditto)
- Aiuto, Poirot! (Agatha Christie)